Protecting privacy and personal data
- Vegan Store Ltd’s products or services may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have their own privacy policies and/or the services of third parties installed on your device may allow access to information on your device. VSL advises you to read these third-party privacy policies carefully. VSL is not responsible for such third-party service providers’ privacy practices or contents.
Controller of Personal Data
- The controller for your personal data is Vegan Store Ltd Corporation; for local country-specific Vegan Store Ltd websites, joint with its local Vegan Store Limited subsidiary (together “Vegan Store Ltd”). You can reach the data controller at:
Vegan Store ltd
Unit 9, 10 Wellington Street, Howick, Auckland
Purpose of the processing of personal data and legal basis for processing
- When using the Site, certain personal data that can be connected to you may be collected and processed.
Such personal data may be used for the following purposes, as necessary for VSL’s legitimate interests in connection to (one or more of which may apply simultaneously):
- The development and maintenance of the Site and Vegan Store Ltd products and services;
For communication and marketing purposes such as for conducting marketing research, direct marketing, automated marketing, informing you of new features, new products or launches, and special promotions;
- The provision of products and services such as for performing the contract between you and Vegan Store Ltd, ensuring the functionality and security of Vegan Store Ltd products and services, identifying you and preventing and investigating possible misuses; and for statistical and analytical purposes.
- If you communicate with us using the Site, and/or register as a user of the Site (where applicable), VSL may in some instances also process your personal data on the basis that such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and VSL, preparatory measures in connection to the contract, or, in some instances, based on your consent.
- You have the right to, at any time and free of charge, to withdraw your consent for Vegan Store Ltd to process your data, to the extent that VSL processes your personal data. Such withdrawal may mean that you will not longer be able to use all the functionalities on the Site or other products or services offered by VSL. This is because certain data processing activities relying on your consent may be fundamental to such functionalities, products and/or services.
Collected Personal Data
- Personal data is generally collected when you use the Site, register into Vegan Store Ltd’s products and services or otherwise interact with VSL. The personal data may include, but is not limited to, access times, the website you linked from, the links you use, the pages you visit, the content you view and such other behavioural information VSL receives via your browser.
- Vegan Store Ltd may also ask you to provide VSL with other types of information, such as your name, e-mail address, street address, usernames and passwords, consent, feedback, age, gender and other non-sensitive data. Because of this, certain non-identifiable personal data may become identifiable when you Vegan Store Ltd with your personal data.
Regular sources of data
- The personal data is collected from the following sources:
- information supplied by you or by your actions within the Site or otherwise contacting Vegan Store Ltd;
- Vegan Store Ltd ’s subcontractors regarding the provision of services with respect to the Site
- Publicly available sources
Principles of data security and data storage
- The personal data will be predominantly stored electronically. This will be stored in locked premises with restricted access and protected by a participant ID and password. Any and all physical copies of the personal data will be stored in locked premises as well. Only persons who need to process the personal data as part of their duties have access to and the right to process the information stored in the register.
- Vegan Store Ltd retains your personal data for as long as is necessary for the aforementioned purposes or as required by applicable laws. When these requirements no longer exist, your personal data will be deleted or anonymized to the extent that it will no longer be connected to you.
Automated decision making
- Personal data is not used for automated decision-making which will have legal or similar effects for you.
- Right of access: You are entitled to view and receive a written copy of your personal data, free of charge.
- Right to data portability: To the extent VSL processes your personal data based on your consent, or for the purposes of a contract between you and VSL, you are entitled to receive your personal data, which you have provided to VSL. This will be in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. And, where technically feasible, you will have the right to transmit this data to another controller without interference from VSL.
- Right to object: You are entitled to object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to request rectification, erasure or restriction: You are entitled to ask VSL to rectify or erase your personal data where it is obsolete, irrelevant, incorrect, incomplete, otherwise inaccurate or due to other legally acceptable grounds. You are also entitled to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data.
- Official complaint: while VSL hopes to resolve any issue you may have with the processing of your personal data, you do also have the right to lodge an official complaint with your local national data protection supervisory authority.
- If you wish to exercise your rights, please present a written request to the address stated in Section 4.
- A cookie is generally a small piece of data sent to your computer device from a website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing a website. When you browse the same website again, the data stored in the cookie may be retrieved by the website to disclose the website of your prior activity. To read more about these technologies and how they work, please see for example http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- From time to time, a ‘cookie’ file may be placed on your computer to improve the effectiveness of this Site and/or VSL’s services to you. Most browsers are set to accept cookies. You may adjust your settings to refuse all cookies or to tell you when a cookie is being sent.
- The use of certain cookies is necessary to run basic functions on the Site. These cookies are essential for running the Site and are important in providing you with a positive experience when visiting the Site.
- The length of storage of information depends on the type of cookie used. Session cookies expire when the browser is closed. However, persistent cookies tend to have expiration dates that last from two months to a couple of years.
Website Analytics and Visitor Information
- The Site uses a web analytics service provided, for example, by Google, Inc (“Google”). A statement on the Google web analytics services is accessible here: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/gb/. By using the Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out in the linked statement above.
- Third parties, such as advertisers, advertising networks and providers of tracking services, may set cookies on your device when you are visiting the Site. They may do this to present you with targeted advertising or to compile statistics on the number of visitors on the Site. Since your web browser must request these advertisements from third parties’ servers, these third parties may view, adjust or set their own cookies as if you had requested a webpage from the third parties’ website directly.
- The Site uses social media plugins, such as the “Like” button provided by the social network facebook.com. The content of the social media plugins on the Site is from such social network(s) directly. When you visit the Site while logged into a social network, your browser creates a direct connection with the social network’s servers. If you are logged out from the social network(s) while visiting Site, your browser sends the social network(s) a more limited information. The social media plugins on the Site are subject to the privacy terms as well as other terms and conditions of the relevant social media sites. The information collated by the social network(s) is not disclosed to VSL without your explicit consent.
- If you have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to contact us through our customer service or by writing us to: [email protected]